Retail News One-Liners – 2/9/2018
1. Woolworths profits up 12.5% for 2018
2. French sporting goods retailer Decathlon plans 2 new stores in Victoria this year.
3. Sydney Fruit & Vegetable wholesaler fined by ACCC for failing to adopt proper agreements with growers.
4. Super Retail Group increases profit by 7%.
5. Jewellery retailer, Lovisa, launches online and announces overseas plans.
6. Property group, Stocklands, sees 14% drop in profit and seeks to divest retail interests.
7. Heinz fined for wrongly claiming to be good for kids.
8. Michael Hill profit drops by 84% as it exits USA.
9. Ray-Ban opens its first Australian store.
10. Adairs profit grows.
11. H&M to open new stores at Northland and The Glen.
12. Aldi, Bunnings named Australia’s most popular brands,
13. Dozens of Sydney businesses opening lawsuits over Sydney light rail delays.
14. E-commerce darling, Shoes of Prey, shutting down.
15. Noni B continues sales growth.