Latest Retail News – 1/4/12
1. Just Groups, Smiggle and Peter Alexander divisions up more than 15% but overall profit down 2.4%.
2. Sportsgirl introduce in-store mirrors that allow social network interaction.
3. ACCC says false-billing scams costing small business $600 million.
4. Australia Post to open 30 super stores to cater for massive online generated parcel growth.
5. International game retailer, Game, calls in administrators for Australian operation.
6. Stockland introduce free mobile app to link with stores in more than 30 shopping centres.
7. Witchery to close UK stores in favour of online growth.
8. ACCC takes action against Apples misleading 4G claims on new iPad.
9. Fashion retailer Cylk joins Topshop and others in re-vamped Chapel St.
10. Bunnings reveals $1.5b expansion plan over next 3 years with 6000 extra jobs.
11. Blackberry smartphone maker to exit consumer market and concentrate on business.
12. Woolworths introduce new Market Concept Supermarkets with traditional scales and a focus on wellness and healthy living.