1. Sony will cut 10,000 jobs worldwide as it restructures following huge losses.
2. NAB survey reports retail prices continue to drop in March highlighting retail as the weakest business category.
3. Apple now worth $600 billion, twice the value of Microsoft.
4. Business confidence in US and EU improves with economic improvement.
5. Jeweller Michael Hill says international stores counter poor Australian performance.
6. Independent furniture and bedding retailers get ACCC approval to collectively bargain with suppliers.
7. Australia’s unemployment rate exceeds expectations remaining at 5.2%.