Latest Retail News – 5/8/20121. Country Road buys Witchery clothing chain for $172 million.
2. Retail spending rose 1% in June, seasonally adjusted, in line with expectations.
3. $9 million trade surplus in June exceeds expectation of $400 million deficit.
4. Pet’s Paradise placed into receivership.
5. Breville’s shock market with announcement of 40% increase in earnings, largely due to growth in US operations.
6. G-Star loses court case against local discounter importing its products from other o/s sources.
7. Harris Scarfe sold to international retail group.
8. Retailers continue to question supposed rise in retail sales.