Latest Retail News – 22/9/20121. David Jones considers sale of 4 flagship, Melbourne, and Sydney stores – value $612m.
2. Myer’s Executive General Manager (Stores), Nick Abboud, resigns.
3. Myer boss, Bernie Brooks, doubts online sales will grow beyond 10%.
4. New York to enact law restricting the size of soft drinks as they fight obesity.
5. Woolworths launch stickers that allow customers to pick their specials.
6. Rip Curl says it is open to investment/purchase offers.
7. Ibisworld says consumer goods retailing will continue to decline.
8. David Jones profit falls almost 40%.
9. Japanese clothing giant, Uniglo, coming to Australia.
10. Kathmandu profit down by 11% but remain upbeat for 2012/13.
11. Orotron licence to sell Ralph Lauren goods in Australia expires 2013.