Latest Retail News1. Payless Shoes placed into voluntary administration with 230 stores at risk.
2. Just Jeans group to expand into Asia avoiding "structural difficulties" in Australian retailing.
3. Iconic Adelaide bookstore, Mary Martin, placed into liquidation.
4. Official data says Olympics killed retail in London.
5. Fangsuo Commune in Guangzhou, China, was judged best designed store at World Retail Congress.
6. Ritchie’s Supermarket CEO calls for moratorium on retail development saying there is already too much retail space.
7. Choice says Bunnings met customer service expectations better than any other retailer.
8. H&R Block report only 5% of taxpayers plan to spend tax refund on retail while 14% plan a holiday and 71% will reduce debt.
9. Woolworths has offloaded its Dick Smith Electronics chain for $20 million to private equity group Anchorage Capital Partners.
10. Pumpkin Patch full year earnings decline 20%.
11. Customer survey of coffee shop chains picks Muffin Break as top performer.
12. Darrell Lea’s new owners forge deal to stock their confectionary in IGA supermarkets.
13. Toy Group, Funtastic, return to profit on better margins and more focussed range.