Latest Retail News - 14/9/2012
2. Masters market to females in male dominated hardware category.
3. New security cameras track customer movement patterns and identify shop hot-spots.
4. Myer report 14.3% drop in profit for year to June.
5. Federal Government reports domestic tourism up 6%.
6. NSW Government supports lowering GST tax threshold on goods bought online.
7. New report suggests lowering GST tax threshold not as hard or costly as first thought.
8. Estee Lauder takes Target to court over “fake” MAC cosmetics.
9. Fashion retailer, Cotton On, opens first stores in Phillipines.
10. Westfield’s Stratford Mall in UK a huge winner during London Olympics.
11. Ojay’s receiver says buying interest offers some hope of rescuing the fashion retailer.
12. The Good Guys take top award for customer service in electronics category.
13. Consumer confidence on the rise but still weak.