Latest Retail News – 20/10/2012
1. Ikea reduces prices by up to 50% due online competition.2. PayPal introduces "Buy now - Pay later" for your customers but you get paid now.
3. ACCC accuses Hewlett Packard of misrepresenting warranty conditions on consumer electronics.
4. First federal Small Business Commissioner urges SME's to work smarter rather than harder.
5. Wesfarmers considers financial prospect of selling 25 shopping centres it owns.
6. Federal Government cuts back on small business support as it chases surplus.
7. Ibisworld reports online furniture sales growing at 12% p.a.
8. Online grocery site, Grocery Run, reports 15,000 orders per week.
9. Ikea plans to double its number of Australian stores to 11.
10. Jenny Craig launches its first in-store store at Target Doncaster.
11. New motor vehicle sales increase 4.7% in September giving some hope for Christmas sales.
12. Supercheap guarantees credit to “Club Plus” customers if price reduced within 2 weeks of original purchase.
13. Aldi launches in-store re-cycling for household batteries.
14. Quicksilver to launch online store with Ebay’s Fashion Mall.