1. JB Hi Fi and The Good Guys win their categories in Roy Morgan Customer Satisfaction Surveys for 3rd year in a row.
2. Myer’s Bernie Brooks puts up his hand to run any combined Myer/David Jones entity.
3. RFG reports big sales increase at Michel’s Patisserie new ‘store of the future’ in Lilydale.
4. Dick Smith reports strong results following public float.
5. David Jones signs deal to retail Lorna Jane clothing.
6. Consumer electronics companies like HP, Sony, Acer and Nespresso embrace marketing through pop-up kiosks in shopping centres.
7. Gloria Jeans to close 25 stores as it plans franchise-only model.
8. Coles links with Google to provide digital walkthrough of its Broadway, Sydney, supermarket.
9. NZ retail sales fail to meet expectations.
10. Starbucks celebrates 100th store in Singapore.
11. Wesfarmers gets good results from Coles, K-Mart, and Bunnings while Target continues to struggle.
12. Bonds parent company records significant first half loss following writedowns in Workwear and Brand Collective (quitting Diesel & Stussy) divisions.
13. Krispy Kreme plans re-entry to China.
14. Reject Shop’s first half profit falls 15.9% due poor Christmas sales.
15. Ibisworld says healthier offerings are giving fast food industry a boost.
16. Walmart earnings fall 21% in quarter to 31st January.