Latest Retail News – 22/11/2015
1. Group General Manager of Marketing at Myer resigns after 1 year.
2. Westfield to apply its shopping centre expertise to airports.
3. Myer’s Christmas window has Melbourne theme based on children’s book Little Dog and the Christmas Wish.
4. ARA predicts 3.6% higher Christmas sales this year.
5. China’s Singles Day sales extravaganza tops out at nearly $2.8 billion in just 17 minutes.
6. Milan Direct launches Australian made furniture category on website.
7. Foreign store entry into Australia continues at high rate in 2015.
8. ACCC says Chrisco Hampers terms “unfair”.
9. Macy’s slashes profit forecast.
10. World’s largest brewer, Inbev, buys SAB Miller group including Fosters.
11. Microsoft unveils Sydney flagship store.
12. Highpoint Apple store apologises to students over racial profiling error.
13. Myer introduces pop-up online handbag manufacturer, Mon Purse.
14. Former Best & Less boss joins Woolworths Board.
15. Apple to open in Singapore with first solar-powered store.
16. Specialty Retail says Rivers brand back on track to become profitable.
17. Temple & Webster acquires Milan Direct in $20m deal.
18. ASOS launches affordable bridal selection for 2016.
19. Apple Pay arrives in Australia through Amex.
20. Target to introduce specially trained staff for premium customer service.
21. H&M’s brand, Cos (Collection of Style) opens in Sydney.
22. Kathmandu reports stronger sales for new year.
23. Australian accessories chain, Lovisa, looks to UK expansion.