Latest Retail News – 15/4/2018
1. Adidas says it will shift focus to online.
2. More food in shopping centres means more competition for current operators.
3. Aussie brand Homebodii gets Nordstrom deal.
4. Nine West files for bankruptcy in US.
5. 99 year old founder of Godfreys looks to buy back struggling business.
6. Amazon Australia says it still has a long way to go.
7. Baby Bunting warns that other retailers clearing stock during administration will hurt their results.
8. NAB says retail is on the up, but continues to underperform other sectors.
9. Chinese market supplier links up with 150 store pharmacy chain Chemsave to expand its diagou operation.
10. Michael Hill fails to secure a buyer for its US operations.
11. UK supermarket giant, Tesco, reports huge jump in profit after several years in doldrums.
12. Toys’R’Us reports billion dollar bids for Asian operations.
13. Online optical business, Vision Direct, to open first flagship store in Melbourne.