Latest Retail News – 2/6/2012
1. 60 Australian Games stores close.
2. TV still the most influential advertising although online catching up.
3. The Australian Retailers Association, PayPal and eBay have signed a partnership to reflect retail landscape's shift towards digital retailing.
4. NAB reports that vast majority of online spending is with local sites.
5. PayPal introduces store payments into US bricks’n’mortar retailers.
6. Australians about half as likely to use apps or smartphones for online purchasing as their UK counterparts.
7. American Apparel launches Myer in-store presence in Melbourne and Sydney as it fights back from trading difficulties.
8. Spanish retail sales drop 9.8% year on year in April.
9. Australia’s year on year retail sales up 3% in April but trend weakening.
10. David Jones report April quarter sales down about 3%.
11. Australia’s lowest paid workers awarded $17.10 per week increase.
12. 18,000 NSW Retail Workers fight against plans to open on Boxing Day.
13. RBA urges banks to introduce real time funds transfers across their networks.