Latest Retail News – 16/11/20121. Tourism sites TripAdvisor and Skytrax accused of fake user reviews.
2. NAB reports business confidence at its lowest level in 3 years while Westpac reports consumer confidence up 5% in November.
3. David Jones launches new website.
4. Webjet’s shares plummet 10% as they warn of low tourism growth.
5. NSW Government withdraws plan to extend Boxing Day trading to small retailers.
6. Groupon reports another disappointing result sending stock down 30%.
7. Australian retailer Bookworld tackles Amazon by offering free delivery within 2-3 days.
8. David Jones announces price reductions up to 50% as it competes with online.
9. New shopping centre in Malaysia will be called a learning enrichment mall, devoted to children.
10. Popular online photo posting site, Pinterest, introduces new business pages to its format.
11. Myer report 1% growth in first quarter sales.