Latest Retail News – 31/3/2013
1. Coles has purchased one of Woolworths key supermarket stores at Neutral Bay in Sydney.
2. Victorian Government considering a Retail Lease Register to assist retailers in lease negotiations.
3. David Jones ambassador, Miranda Kerr, to leave department store.
4. Asos continues to dominate online fashion with 34% sales increase in first half.
5. Kathmandu reports 72% first half profit rise on back of 9 more stores and 50% higher online sales.
6. Adelaide’s new Rundle Place development opens this week.
7. Westfield sells stake in 6 Florida shopping malls.
8. US Senate votes to introduce controversial new sales tax laws for online retailers.
9. Toy distributor, Funtastic, reports 68% jump in first half profit.
10. US apparel retailer Abercrombie & Fitch confirms plans to open its Hollister branded stores in Australia.
11. Mirvac’s Broadway Shopping Centre in central Sydney tops $ return per square metre for Australian shopping centres.
12. Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, and West Elm will open first Australian stores on May 2, 2013 at Sydney's Bondi Junction.
13. Iconic clothing and footwear retailer, R.M.Williams up for sale.
14. Woolworths to launch first full service beauty bar at its Sydney Town Hall supermarket.