1. PayPal expands into small business lending.
2. Noni B recommends takeover offer from investment firm Alceon.
3. Chinese footwear brand, Staccato, opens in Japan.
4. Ugg Australia launches global marketing campaign.
5. Australia’s technology goods took a sales dip in second quarter.
6. World’s largest duty free shop opens in south China's Hainan Province.
7. July retail sales show continued steady rise with 5.8% increase over last year.
8. ACCC takes issue with Expedia’s takeover of Wotif.
9. H&M to open two Sydney stores – Macquarie Place, North Ryde and Pitt St. Sydney.
10. Good Guys receive top customer satisfaction award in electricals for 4th year.
11. Forever 21 to open in Sydney.
12. Woolworths to sell more than $600m of property.
13. Walmart to build first community shopping mall in China.
14. McDonalds continues global decline as sales fall in August.
15. Ikea says sales growing with China the best performer.
16. Myer’s gross profit continues to fall, down 1.4% to $1.286 billion this financial year.
17. Consumer sentiment continues to fall in Australia.
18. Australian retailers seek reduced weekend penalty rates.