Latest Retail News – 20/8/2017
1. Online Retailer Kogan has reported bumper revenue growth – up 37% on last year.
2. David Jones is to cut its food lines from 14,500 to 8,500 with some 70% to be private label.
3. Home Consortium to open 10 refurbished Masters sites as multi tenant shopping centres.
4. Dominos Pizza misses its profit target.
5. Harbour Town centre in Docklands to get $150m makeover and re-branding with H&M one of the first to sign up.
6. US Retailer quarterly reports not as bad as expected.
7. Country Road opens first menswear pop-up at Sydney Airport.
8. Westfields half-year profit up 20%.
9. Analysts expect Coles to lose ground to Woolworths.
10. Australian shopping centre vacancy rates on the rise.
11. JB HiFi reports 38% online sales growth.
12. Adairs reports double digit sales rise.
13. Lindt opens new chocolate store in Perth.
More News Briefs:
Walmart is taking a leaf out of Amazon’s book and making better use of its huge database of customer buying information. Walmart is now offering a full range of options for advertisers, including display placements, programmatic ads (those placed by an automated exchange), native ads (sponsored product listings that a given brand pays to make more prominent), and physical in-store ads.
Cardboard Billionaire Anthony Pratt, son of Queen Victoria Market Customer, Richard Pratt, is revelling in the growth of Amazon and all the cardboard boxes it requires to ship goods to customers.
Wesfarmers Reports Coles, Target, Bunnings, Officeworks Results - https://www.insideretail.com.au/blog/2017/08/17/wesfarmers-lifts-profit-despite-coles-bunnings-uk-slumps/